For many people reading this blog the answer to the question above is no. So, to get better acquainted I’ve decided to share 10 fast facts about myself, Marti Parham, with you. Here they are:
- I work from Chicago.
- I love a good story no matter if it’s fact or fiction. That’s why I watch so many movies and read so many books, including young adult fiction and children’s picture books. (Yes, I said picture books. Don’t judge.)
- Before going the writing route I received a fashion design degree from the University of Cincinnati. One day while watching the TV show “Friends” I noticed actress Jennifer Aniston (who played Rachel) wearing a graphic T-shirt I designed for Abercrombie & Fitch. (Not sure if her popularity caused any increase in product sales for the store, but I was ecstatic!)
- As a journalist I have had the pleasure of interviewing several celebrities. Some of my favorite conversations have been with Will Smith, Mary J. Blige, Jill Scott, Terrence Howard, Taraji P. Henson, Alicia Keys, Mo’Nique, Vanessa Williams, Common and BB King.
- Chicago is known for its blues, R&B and even rap, but it’s because of this city that I fell in love with house music. “Hot Music” by Soho is one of my favorite songs ever. If you don’t know it look it up on YouTube. (I dare you not to dance.)
- I don’t eat meat, but I do eat lots and lots of veggies.
- I was born under the astrological sign of Aquarius. So were my mother and grandmother. (Weird coincidence? Kinda.)
- My favorite color is orange. But that’s today. It could very well change tomorrow.
- If I’m not working on an assignment or hanging out with the hubby I can be found mentoring to teenagers about fashion design through the organization Project Osmosis, or teaching teens about journalism through the True Star Foundation (True Star Magazine). Both of these non-profits are doing great things to help the next generation succeed. (Each one teach one!)
- I basically started this blog because I wanted to write about the things I enjoy, which are art, design and the creative process, the good and the bad of the entertainment world, and whatever weird, crazy, interesting, unexplainable, scary and lovely things life has to offer.
There you have it, 10 new things you may not have known before today. Now that we’re cool like that I hope you’ll come back to visit this blog often. If you’re feeling up to it, do me a favor and share the site with a friend. Thanks for reading.
Until next time…
Photo by Third Eye Communications Co.