It’s that time of year when finding that special gift for that special someone becomes top priority. Your money is sure to be well spent if the gift you decide to get is purchased from a small business. Here are five reasons to shop small this holiday season.
1. Unique Stuff. When you shop at small businesses chances are whatever you purchase will be a one of a kind (or at least a few of a kind) product. The receiver will be happy to know that their gift is like no other.
2. Support The Dream. Being an entrepreneur is no easy feat. By spending your hard earned cash with a small business you are helping someone fulfill their dream of being their own boss (and possibly hiring other employees).
3. Good Customer Service. Unfortunately, satisfactory customer service can be hard to come by these days. Small business entrepreneurs go the extra mile to supply their clients with quality products and good customer service because the livelihood of their business depends on your return and your recommendation to others.
4. The Boss Gives Back. According to the NFIB (National Federation of Independent Business), small business owners are 91% more likely to give back to their community by volunteering, offering in-kind contributions and/or providing cash donations. Knowing that you support someone who gives back should give you a warm, cozy feeling inside.
5. Support The Local Economy. Shopping small means that your dollars are contributing to the growth of this country’s economy.
If you’re looking for a way to support small businesses and purchase a few one of a kind gifts all in one location, stop by K-Fleye’s Holiday Artist Showcase this weekend. Be prepared to purchase jewelry and accessories created by Kelley Moseley for K-Fleye Designs, Sol Food body care products by LeeLee, vintage clothing, art, home decor and more all from local Chicago creatives. See the flyer below for time and location.